Tuesday 24 January 2012

My Very First Ever Blog

So here we are, my very first blog.  I have been wanting to do this for some time now, but wondered if anyone would really want to read what I had to say.  Then I thought, well it has never stopped you from giving your opinion before, and here we are.

My thoughts are that perhaps I should blog about what works for us and does not work for our family.  I am a slow learner, and have discovered after only 17 years of parenting that I need to try to rein in the chaos.  This September I decided that it was a fair trade off, working hard Sunday so that the rest of the week would be smooth.  I spend most of Sunday in the kitchen making a weeks worth of muffins, making a weeks worth of sandwiches, baking cookies and cutting fruit.  I put everything into Tupperware containers in the fridge then on school mornings I put it all out on the kitchen table.  The kids then go around the table and pack their own lunch.  There has been a lot less waste with this method.  Inevitably when I pack their lunches one of them comes home and tells me "you know I HATE "insert food here".  I will be honest, with the four of them, it's hard to keep likes and dislikes straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment