Monday 27 February 2012

My Easter Centre Piece


    Valentines Day is over, and now I begin my Easter preparations ( I am not a fan of St. Patrick's Day, no offense to the Irish).  As you may now have figured out, I am OVER THE TOP.  I like to decorate the house for the different holidays/ seasons.  The funniest part of this is that I am a dreadful house keeper, so there are adorable decorations, and piles of garbage all around them, it's sad really.  I keep hoping that one day I will wake up and be a clean freak, it has not happened yet.
    For Christmas I had a great idea.  I brought in evergreen branches and placed them into one of my flat baskets.  I then took one of my vases and put my battery operated faux candle in it (so that it would look like a hurricane candle).  It looked great if I do say so myself!  It sat on the coffee table for the Christmas Season, and looked pretty good.  I liked it so much that I decided that I would do a coffee table display every holiday.


For my Easter display I ... 

I used a flat basket, basket filler, bunches of eggs I got from the Dollarama, and a ceramic bunny (again Dollarama), my battery operated candle and my vase.

I filled the basket with the basket filler.  Then I put the vase into the middle and dropped the candle in.

 I cut the eggs off of the branch they came on using wire cutters.
I placed the bunny then the eggs.  I tied ribbon around the bunny's neck and around the neck of the vase.  It took about 10 minutes and cost about $4.00.






  So there you have my Easter coffee table display.  I have already made my Easter curtains, and this week-end I'm going to make Christopher bring up the rest of the Easter decorations (it's a wonderful little surprise for him).  Maybe I will actually clean up before we decorate, nah who am I kidding.

No comments:

Post a Comment