Tuesday 16 October 2012

Home Made Pumpkin Juice


    Our family are BIG Harry Potter fans.  When we went to Florida on vacation we decided that we needed to go to Universal Studios Wizarding World of Harry Potter.  The park was stinking busy.  I honestly have no idea if I liked the park or not, because it was so packed that I could barely see.  It was horrible.  We were there about 10 minutes, when I wanted to leave.  I could not take the crowds.  We waited 20 minutes in line to purchase a bottle of pumpkin juice.  It was something like 8 or 9 dollars, but was it worth the expense and ridiculous wait time?  Well the at least the kids liked the cold juice.
    Since we have come home the kids have been bugging me to make them pumpkin juice.  It's not really just so easy as deciding to make "pumpkin juice".  I had to create a recipe.  The first thing I did was go online for inspiration.  Most of the online recipes called for pineapple juice.  The ingredients on the bottle from Universal  are .... water, apple juice, pumpkin puree, apricot puree, sugar, natural and artificial flavors, citric acid, acesulfame potassium, sodium benzoate.  So it would seem I was on my own.
    I put 1 cup of pumpkin puree, 1 jar of apricot baby food, 1 1 litre container of apple juice, 1 tsp of all spice, 1 tsp of cinnamon, and 1 tbsp of sugar in my blender.  I then blended the whole thing up.  It was a mixed success.  Half of my crew loved it, half of my crew were not fans.  It was thicker than the stuff we had at Universal.  Over all it was a success, and now they can start to bug me about something else.   


No comments:

Post a Comment