Sunday 23 February 2014

Pizza Tarts


    School lunches... oh they get boring.  I keep trying to liven them up.  I hate to admit it, but my fun lunches have gone the way side.  I know I need to bring them back, but I'm not sure when.  The problem with my kids is that no one seems to like the same things.  I think that they have conspired to make me a lunatic. 


   You can't go wrong with pizza anything.  I am pretty sure that if you put pizza sauce and cheese on a cardboard box the kids would eat it (I am pretty sure that's what the frozen pizza's actually are).
I find myself wanting to get creative.  I tried a pizza experiment.


  
   I made my pizza dough.  I then rolled it out and cut it like I would for biscuits.  I then put them in cupcake liners the same as I would for tarts.






    After I had made my "tart shells", I put pizza sauce in the bottom of each, then diced green pepper, pineapple, pepperoni, and finally finely grated mozzarella cheese.


    I popped those bad boys in a pre-heated 500 degree oven for 12 minutes.


    The kids taste tested them, and they were deemed a success, so much so that I had to wrestle the pizza tarts off of them.  I now have some interesting lunch items.  I put them in the freezer so that they will stay as fresh as when I made them.

No comments:

Post a Comment