Sunday 29 June 2014

Maple Glazed Salmon


    A few years back we had a family vacation to Florida.  Yes, our primary reason for said vacation was to visit Disney World, but I insisted that we see more than just cartoon characters while in Florida.  One of these Non-Cartoon destinations was St. Augustine.
    St. Augustine boasts to be the longest occupied city in North America.  It also had an amazing restaurant called "Harry's".  At Harry's I ordered maple glazed salmon.  It was like angels sang, and the rays of the sun shone only on me.  From that day forward I have searched for that maple glaze recipe.


    After a few years of searching I believe that I have found something similar.  The angel's sing and the clouds part to emit celestial rays of sunshine.  I searched the internet and of all places found this recipe in Canadian Living, a magazine that I have been given as a gift from Christopher's parents since we were married!  The best part is it's only like three ingredients... how easy is that!

    My children who will all venomously tell you that they "hate salmon", actually liked it.  Not only did they like it, they asked for seconds.  This after I had to force them to try it!  I served it with my mixed rice casserole http://themiddleagedwomanwholivedinashoe.blogspot.ca/2014/06/healthy-eatin , and asparagus.  There was not a scrap left on any of the plates!  All of this after Riley complains every single meal that she "hates" eating healthy food.

No comments:

Post a Comment