Sunday 27 July 2014

$1 movies!!!!!!


     If you read the title of today's blog and wondered if you had somehow been sent back in time to the 1950's, nope it's still 2014.  The second question you may be asking is "did she do a typo?  She really meant to write $10 movies".  You get excited even at the typo because $10 for a movie these days is still pretty cheap!  You read correctly, I paid $1.00 for a movie.


    As I have been seemingly non-stop sharing this is the summer of cheap.  My goal to give the kids an amazing summer while not breaking the bank.  So far I have had a great streak.  The upside is not just entertaining my children, while saving my sanity and bank account, but also we have been doing these trips with my friends and their kids.


   I discovered accidentally that one of favourite movie theatres, The Boulevard Theatre in Napanee Ontario. http://www.boulevardcinema.com/  The Boulevard offers affordable movies at the best of times (adult admission is always $7.50).  This summer they have been offering movies that are either just leaving the theatres or almost ready to go to DVD for $1.00.  I was able to purchase tickets for myself and the five kids, plus a juice box for each of them and a large popcorn for them to share all for $11.50.  That is less than I would have paid for a single ticket for myself at the big box theatres.


    We watched Mr. Peabody and Sherman and laughed our butts off.  We had a great time with great friends and it was affordable.  Needless to say we are planning to attend movies at The Boulevard once a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment